For many, their wedding day is the single most anticipated event of someone’s lifetime. It is a day when attention is focused on the bride and groom. To some extent, attention is focused on individual aspects of the celebration itself, as a reflection of the bride and groom. This is where much of the anxiety associated with weddings arises from; the idea that if any part of the wedding does not go as planned, that bad apple may “spoil the bunch”.
There’s something about a good party that means you’re reminiscing for years to come. When you’re a host, you want your guests to have a good time. Even better still is to create a party that is memorable for all of the right reasons. Here are 13 great party hacks that are fun whatever the occasion.
1. Keep drinks bottles cool with frozen water balloons. When they’ve melted, the fun starts! You might need to gently remind guests to check that they’re completely defrosted before launching them though!
2. If you have a punch or a bowl full of fruit salad, use a block of ice to keep it cool. You can fill a lunch box container with water and freeze it the day before. By using a block of ice, you won’t be watering down your punch or fruit salad as it will melt more slowly.
3. Use an empty jar to make whipped cream. Simply pour the cream in about half full and shake until you get the consistency you want. Then you can easily store in the fridge for use later!
4. If you’re grilling kebab skewers, use two skewers for each kebab. Why? Because when you turn them over, it stops a piece of meat or vegetables from rotating and not getting cooked on a different side.
5. Have a dedicated area or box with sunscreen and bug spray. Your guests will really appreciate the thoughtfulness.
6. Tie down your bottle opener. Not because you think someone is going to steal it, but because it means you’ll always be able to find it and so will your guests!
7. If there are lots of guests, save washing up (and running out of glasses) by encouraging them to label their glasses when they get them. This also helps save the environment if you’re using plastic glasses and cups.
8. Freeze fruit to add to drinks instead of ice cubes. This is great for kids and adults alike!
9. If your party is still going after dark, use empty wine or beer bottles as candle holders.
10. Make a playlist in advance. If you don’t know what type of music your guests are into then make it a good mix of all styles. If you have an online music streaming account, let your guests access it and choose their own music too.
11. Set up some activities to entertain your guests. This could be as simple as a set of playing cards or giant Jenga to beer pong.
12. Make sure you enjoy yourself too. Plan everything in advance and give ‘jobs’ to some guests that won’t mind helping out so that you’re not doing everything. That way, you can actually enjoy the party too! It’s probably not a good idea to get too drunk if you’re the host. After all, you want to make sure everything is OK for your guests!
13. Have a plan to wind down the party when the time’s up and have a couple of guests in on your plan too. You don’t want to be rude and kick out guests when you’ve had enough but something simple like turning down the music and beginning a clean up with bin liners might be a subtle-enough hint.
And there you have it… 13 fantastic party hacks sure to make your party one to remember forever!