The city of Cleveland, Ohio is full to the brim of cultural things
to see and do. Let’s take a look at what Cleveland has to offer in terms of
performing arts, music, and literature.
Cleveland has the second-largest performing arts center in the whole
of the U.S. – Playhouse Square. This is second only to the Lincoln Center in
New York City.
In Playhouse Square, you will find the Ohio Theatre, Hannah Theater, Allen Theater, Palace Theater, and State Theater. This is a hub for many Broadway Musicals and the city has produced lots of well-known actors as well as the renowned comedian Bob Hope.
Elsewhere in Cleveland, there is the Karamu House. This is
America’s oldest African-American theater and dates back to the 1920s.
Cleveland is also home to one of the world’s best orchestras, The Cleveland Orchestra. This is considered to be the finest in the U.S. During the winter, the orchestra plays at Severance Hall, in University Circle, and during the summer, it can be found at Blossom Music Center in Cuyahoga Falls.
During the 60s and 70s, Cleveland gained a reputation in rock music
and even hosted the World Series of Rock from 1974 to 1980. If this is
something you’re interested in, visit the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, located
in downtown, Cleveland. This is a museum that celebrates the most influential
and best-known figures, artists, producers, and engineers of rock and roll
Jazz is also popular in Cleveland and has a long history here. The Tri-C Jazz Fest is held in Cleveland every year. For jazz lovers, Bop Stop on Detroit Avenue is a great place to pay a visit.
Polka has been and continues to be, popular in Cleveland. There is even a sub-genre of polka called Cleveland-style. For those interested, there is the Polka Hall of Fame, which is worth a visit. This traces the Cleveland-style polka from its roots in Slovenia in the 19th century, through the factory and mining towns of America, to the post-war years.
If you like piano music, The Velvet Tango Room is a great location. From Monday to Thursday there are pianists from 9 pm and the cocktails are great too!
The modernist poet, Hart Crane, was born not far from Cleveland. The memorial park along the Cuyahoga left bank is dedicated to him. There is also a marker where his childhood home sat in University Circle. Elsewhere, there is a statue behind the Kelvin Smith Library at Case Western Reserve University’s Campus.
If you’re into poetry, there are regular readings at many Cleveland bookstores and coffee shops. If you’re visiting in July, the Cleveland Inkubator is a great 4-day festival that is free. It’s for writers and readers alike and offers workshops, keynote speeches, book swaps, and open mic sessions.
Another great event is hosted by the Maltz Performing Arts Center and is called the Writer’s Center Stage. This is a series of speeches and appearances by famous writers. Their website has a calendar of events where you can purchase tickets.
For many, their wedding day is the single most anticipated event of someone’s lifetime. It is a day when attention is focused on the bride and groom. To some extent, attention is focused on individual aspects of the celebration itself, as a reflection of the bride and groom. This is where much of the anxiety associated with weddings arises from; the idea that if any part of the wedding does not go as planned, that bad apple may “spoil the bunch”.
There’s something about a good party that means you’re reminiscing for years to come. When you’re a host, you want your guests to have a good time. Even better still is to create a party that is memorable for all of the right reasons. Here are 13 great party hacks that are fun whatever the occasion.
1. Keep drinks bottles cool with frozen water balloons. When they’ve melted, the fun starts! You might need to gently remind guests to check that they’re completely defrosted before launching them though!
2. If you have a punch or a bowl full of fruit salad, use a block of ice to keep it cool. You can fill a lunch box container with water and freeze it the day before. By using a block of ice, you won’t be watering down your punch or fruit salad as it will melt more slowly.
3. Use an empty jar to make whipped cream. Simply pour the cream in about half full and shake until you get the consistency you want. Then you can easily store in the fridge for use later!
4. If you’re grilling kebab skewers, use two skewers for each kebab. Why? Because when you turn them over, it stops a piece of meat or vegetables from rotating and not getting cooked on a different side.
5. Have a dedicated area or box with sunscreen and bug spray. Your guests will really appreciate the thoughtfulness.
6. Tie down your bottle opener. Not because you think someone is going to steal it, but because it means you’ll always be able to find it and so will your guests!
7. If there are lots of guests, save washing up (and running out of glasses) by encouraging them to label their glasses when they get them. This also helps save the environment if you’re using plastic glasses and cups.
8. Freeze fruit to add to drinks instead of ice cubes. This is great for kids and adults alike!
9. If your party is still going after dark, use empty wine or beer bottles as candle holders.
10. Make a playlist in advance. If you don’t know what type of music your guests are into then make it a good mix of all styles. If you have an online music streaming account, let your guests access it and choose their own music too.
11. Set up some activities to entertain your guests. This could be as simple as a set of playing cards or giant Jenga to beer pong.
12. Make sure you enjoy yourself too. Plan everything in advance and give ‘jobs’ to some guests that won’t mind helping out so that you’re not doing everything. That way, you can actually enjoy the party too! It’s probably not a good idea to get too drunk if you’re the host. After all, you want to make sure everything is OK for your guests!
13. Have a plan to wind down the party when the time’s up and have a couple of guests in on your plan too. You don’t want to be rude and kick out guests when you’ve had enough but something simple like turning down the music and beginning a clean up with bin liners might be a subtle-enough hint.
And there you have it… 13 fantastic party hacks sure to make your party one to remember forever!
Grant Gustin, who plays the character of Barry Allen AKA “The Flash”, attended the beautiful wedding of his sister in law, Weezy Thoma, along with his wife, LA Thoma, on June 15th, to wish her a lifetime of love and everlasting happiness. The wedding theme portrayed what can be rightly called as graceful grandeur.
at the wedding in his June 16 Instagram post,
“Family keeps growing. EDIT: NEW BROTHER IN LAW. Not preggo.”
If you haven’t had enough of the humor and cuteness, check out this post by his wife who also officially announced the wedding through Instagram.
“my Weezy got married to her Matty Poo! She wore my veil, and I wore the same dress she wore at my wedding. It was perfect ❤️ welcome to the crazy fam Matt!”
This goes to show just how caring his wife’s side of the family is. Even Grant has mentioned several times to the media how big, thrilling, and fun LA Thoma’s family is.
The wedding took place at the Life Care Alliance’s Carrie’s Café decorated in shades of pink, navy, mint green, and white. Elegant decorations and contrasting colors beautifully captured the essence of the occasion. Not only that, Grant had a very big family reunion and even met distant relatives. This justified for a very special photo booth to make lasting memories for everyone.
We captured the loving moments of a beautiful occasion in a fun-filled way, using our Open Air Booth. The happy family enjoyed a fun time using our special booth. They were great with poses and shots!
We also felt heartfelt joy for capturing everlasting memories for the loving couple, Grant and his family.
If you’re wondering whether the flash is as adorable and fun in real life as he is on tv, then you’re undeniably correct! 100% awkward and adorable! Look for yourself!
Take inspiration from your favorite Superhero celebrity and use our photo booth services for your next special event!
Weddings are the best place for a photo booth experience for a number of reasons. Firstly, weddings are usually long, whole-day events so a wedding photo booth is ideal for this sort of occasion. Secondly, a wedding is a great party experience so people are happy and in good spirits and so will want to have a great time! A photo booth isn’t a photo booth without props, however, and a wedding is a great opportunity for great props! Read on to discover 7 great wedding booth photo prop ideas.
There was a time when photo booths were thought to be dying out. With the rise of digital cameras and then smartphones, photo booths were reserved for ID cards and passport photos. In the last few years, however, we’ve seen a massive rise in the popularity of photo booths at events. It seems that people missed the instant photo opportunity after all! Right now, photo booths are bang on trend, and even celebrities are jumping on the photo booth bandwagon for their events. Let’s explore some of the best star-studded photo booth pictures.
What party on a yacht would be complete without a celebrity photo booth? Khloe Kardashian threw a party to celebrate her boyfriend James Harden’s 26th birthday. The party was on board a yacht that left Marina del Rey in California. Khloe went for the classic black and white photo booth and it looks like she used props appropriate for the location too! Photo from Khloe’s Instagram account.
Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux
When celebrity Jennifer Aniston and her long-term partner Justin Theroux threw their surprise wedding, they didn’t allow guests to have their smartphones. I can’t imagine a room these days where there are 70 people without a phone in their hand! There were still many photo opportunities though as their guests were able to enjoy the event even more through the hired photo booth. Personally, I think this is a great idea! Not allowing smartphones stops people from becoming distracted or antisocial on your special day. What’s more, it stops people from sharing photos of your wedding on Instagram or Facebook before you’re ready to show them off! Unfortunately, no photos have surfaced of the wedding but here are some from Aniston’s 50th Birthday celebration!
Always on-trend, Harry Styles had a photo booth at his 21st birthday party and it looks like a great time was had by all! Kelly Osbourne posted a photo on her Instagram of a black and white photo booth print out. It looks as though Harry opted for a traditional strip-style photo booth for his bash. This seems to be a really popular choice with celebrities as well as the general public.
To celebrate her 60th birthday, Ellen
DeGeneres hosted a star-studded bash for her close family and friends and hired
a photo booth to mark the occasion. There were many celebrity guests who made
the most of the photo booth, many of whom were naturals and enjoyed being in
the spotlight. Attendees included Kim Kardashian and her husband Kanye West,
Chrissy Teigen, John Legend, Jennifer Aniston, and Meghan Trainor. Imagine
being in a photo booth with all of these people!
To celebrate her 21st birthday, Kylie Jenner hosted a huge party and booked in a photo booth. Like many celebrities we’ve mentioned, Kylie chose a traditional black and white photo booth and the photos look like they had an amazing time! Pretty much all of the Kardashians and Jenners attended the party. It looks like it was a really fun event!
Book a booth for your next event and celebrate like the stars!
June 1, 2019 / Kaila Weston / Comments Off on Here’s How Hiring a Photo Booth Can Help Generate Income For Your Charity or Fundraiser Event!
If you’re planning a charity fundraiser and event, you’ll be wanting
to think of ideas that have the most earning potential. A photo booth is a great
way of generating cash and it fits in will any type of event. Whether you’re
having a sit-down meal, an afternoon fair at a school or a disco party, here’s
why we think hiring a photo booth is one of the best things you can do to
generate cash for your charity.